Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mind Probe

I am kicking myself for missing the Presidential Debates last night.

Today, I heard a bunch of chatter on about the debates on the radio while I was driving around.

I was enthralled about one subject that came up in my variety of listening material.


Should America become militarily involved in WORLD ISSUES when there is Genocide? Should we ACT instead of let this happen?

I'm never really TOO interested, honestly, about the topic. I have always figured it was way too far beyond my control, and that I shouldn't worry so much about something I will never have the power to solve, or change.

But the Rabbi on Oprah Radio got me thinking today, and I decided that I had to ask myself a series of questions because this IS a HUGE problem in the PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE of our WORLD.


The Discussion became Religious.

The RABBI, yes people, I said RABBI, began quoting the teachings of Jesus. The easy ones, the common ones, the ones MANY of us Live by. Then I was REALLY intrigued. I love how a religious man, in a religion that does not recognize Jesus as the Savior of the World, lives and teaches the words of MY GUIDE.

Love Thine Enemy.

Hate the Sin, but Love the Sinner.

Are you catching on to the point he was making?

Well, I didn't. I don't get it. We are talking GENOCIDE here people? How can I live the teachings I have been taught since birth when if I go by what I said above- I MUST love the people who are massacring and stealing innocent lives all because of HATE?

And this is where you enter the MIND PROBE:


I have had to look past things before. Things that made me WANT to feel hate. I have used the 'Hate the Sin, but love the sinner' phrase to save myself from holding on to unnecessary baggage due to hate. But is this a black and white rule of LIFE? Can it ALWAYS be used, and is it always effective?

I can't help but wonder.

America is the most powerful nation in the world. Even despite our economic downturn, we are still the world leader. We have fundamental humanitarian values and believe in HUMAN rights. WE want the entire world to be free, and live lives void of oppression. WE can't understand that any Human spirit would want to live lives in fear of oppression, death, lack of freedom...so we get involved to liberate them.

Some of them.

Some get completely avoided. We have troops in about 122 nations across the globe.

Why do we let GENOCIDE happen in the Sudan. Right Now. And do nothing?

Don't we hate that sin?

Should we stand by and watch?

I feel like we must do something.


How do you respond properly to a MASSIVE WORLD problem when you follow the LOVE teachings? HOW can you trust yourself to do the necessary things to eliminate a problem like genocide when you are Governed by LOVE?


I think this is 'the time to HATE'....

So, is it? There is a time for love, and a time for hate.....right?

How do you know when and what?


How do you LOVE a large group of people who are governed by HATE, and who have chosen EVIL? And, for that matter, how can you stop the EVIL effectively if you can't hate them back?


I think we need to hate them back. I don't feel there is room for love towards this kind of evil. The only way to stop this kind of GENOCIDE is with fighting and war, or else it won't stop.

Right?

Can you still love someone who CHOOSES to HATE and MURDER innocent people?

Isn't that about the time a soul loses it's humanity, and it's right to be loved?

Do I ask myself if Jesus was saying it to ME- Love MY enemies...and in this case, aren't these killers enemies of God? Can I HATE the enemies of GOD, and act in order to stop them from their terror?

How do you balance the appropriateness of love and hate?
Can American soldiers effectively fight the war on Terror and the wars to stop Genocide when they LOVE? Or is it required for them to hate their enemy in order to fight effectively?


I can understand how to love somebody who does things I HATE.


I have had friends and close acquaintances who have been deeply involved in Drugs. I hated that they used drugs, and many times, I hated the people they were when they were under the influence....but I NEVER hated THEM.

I think it would be different if I saw them HATE, and murder.

Not just kill - but try to eradicate an entire race, religion, sex, etc.

What is the Solution?


Should America step in and fight this?

Can we fight it effectively by trying to LOVE the BAD GUYS?

HOW?

Can you be a good Christian and want to fight back until the HATE stops?

I'm seriously at a loss. I don't know the answer. I want to think that you can find a way to solve anything through love, kindness, and doing GOOD to all mankind. But in this case, I really truly honestly think that it has to be fought with a hatred towards Evil, and that no exceptions can be made to allow this in the world. Our soil, or anybody else's.


They touched this topic in the Debates last night. I don't think either candidate satisfied my interest. Is this a time for LOVE, or a time for HATE?
What do you think?

No comments: