Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I just want a Pedicure

Hi, I'm here for a pedicure.

(screaming to the back of the shop in foreign language....followed by somebody else coming in and pointing to a chair, filling it with water, and blue stuff, and then exiting. Person who originally began the foreign screaming stays put....reading, or waiting to answer phone. Another person enters and begins the pedicure).

Pedicurist smiley, happy, ready to pedi- me.

Me. AHHH. Relax. Begin massagers.
NOPE....interruption.

Pedicurist. You have kids, job, blah blah blah.

Me. Annoyed. I am not here to chit chat. Just Pedi-me. But instead, I try to answer quickly and go back to my relaxation. After all, I'm just here for a pedicure.



Honestly, when I go to get a pedicure, I just want to relax. I'm not there to make friends with some chick that I know hates me before I even get in there. she doesn't want to be my friend, and I don't want to chit chat with her. I just want to tune out, and get my stinking toenails painted. I'd do it myself if I could reach them over my massive baby bump.
I just want a pedicure.

Why to they bother me with the conversation? I hate it.

My favorite though, is the HATRED they give once I deny their add ons.
'You want eyebrow wax?
NO
'You want Manicure?'
NO
'You want design?'
WHAT? NO. Tacky. Hate them. Paint em red. Stop talking to me. Polish.

I JUST WANT A PEDICURE.


Am I alone?

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh, NO! I can't read it!

Laurel said...

Nope. Not alone.

I just wish I could justify the happiness of someone else rubbing my feet and painting those toes a little more often. Good thing I can "kind of" do my own...

Michelle said...

Oh wow - I hear ya. Massages are even more awkward... "so, where are you from?" I just want to say "I'm naked." And leave it at that.

I also don't like talking to my hairdresser (sorry Kat), unless it's about my hair.

And I just want a pedicure right now. And someone to tie my shoes for me in the morning.