Monday, March 9, 2009

online shopping

It usually gets me while Im at work. 

Sitting at my desk, staring at the computer, hopelessly bored, not willing to search for something work-related to occupy my mind.

Its like I dont have complete control of my fingers, as in no time at all I am staring at nordtsrom.com where all your dreams come true!

To make myself feel better, I start my online shopping perusing the various categories of the Sale section.  Opened: window after window of 4-inch heels, fancy embellished flats, sparkly sandals, clearance boot cut Citizens and skinny Sevens, pretty floral tops (they are all the hype this Spring), fabulous dresses I could never wear, and even some workout paraphernalia (you know, because I just know Ill be better at working out if I have the right things to wear).

After Ive sifted through the windows that no longer have my sizes available, I start really having fun.  J  Here is where I look at all of the things I could never afford (because thats healthier, right?   then its not like Ill actually buy them).  The Jimmy Choos, Moschinos, and Salvatore Ferragamos, Nanette Lepore dresses, Valentino everything, L.A.M.B. everything (Gwen Stefani knows some shit, Ill tell you what).  So many pretty things!

Now Ive substantially depressed myself.  Absolutely nothing in my overflowing closet is soft enough, luxurious enough, trendy enough, or pretty enough.  Even the windows from my previous searching lack in every way in comparison to this high class shopping.

Alas, I know I paid off X number of dollars on my card last month (which may or may not have been over its limit already), so that leaves X amount available again!

Hell.  Why not get those 5-inch Jessica Simpson shoes?  I know my husband likes the similar ones I have already, so its not like hell be mad at me.  I would never buy three- and four-hundred dollar shoes!  Those are just fun to look at.

Gossip Girl is not ruining my perspective on fashion, sense of cost, and overall morale and priorities.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's not about the money you spend; it's about the money you save. Justify away. We all do. I don't feel the least bit guilty buying my 40 dollar Gap cardigan, knowing that 400 dollar Dolce tee shirts exist.

BTW, this whole post reeks Confessions of a Shopaholic. Just don't try to pay off your credit cards with 100-year-post-dated checks (so funny).

Danielle said...

Did I write this or did somebody else?

Laurel said...

HA!!!!!